Cheektowaga Family Loses Home to Fire | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. - A family lost just about everything when fire ripped through their Cheektowaga home late Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out on Flora Road, near the Thruway.
Firefighters say it started by accident when a child threw a paper towel that caught fire into the trash. Fortunately, the family was able to escape unharmed.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for exhaustion.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?