Fire Ignites Propane Tanks in Cheektowaga Garage | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. - Firefighters were able to contain a garage fire on Lucid Drive that they say could have turned into something worse.
A number of our viewers posted messages on our Facebook page Sunday afternoon, saying they could see the smoke from the fire from I-90.
Multiple fire departments in Cheektowaga were called out to help put out the flames in a detached garage.
"We did have reports of a couple of explosions when we were in route, a couple while we were here," U-Crest Fire Chief David Passalugo told 2 on Your Side. "There were some propane tanks in the garage - two of them that definitely let go. There was a vehicle in the garage as well."
Firefighters say that no one was hurt and estimate $80,000 in damage.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014