Women In Combat: Sgt. Cari Gasiewicz's Parents View | News
The parents of a female Army Sergent killed in Iraq share their thoughts on the debate regarding women in combat roles.
Paul and Kathleen Gasiewicz of Cheektowaga spoke to 2 On Your Side. Their daughter, Sgt. Cari Ann Gasiewicz was killed in December of 2004.
When she enlisted, they never dreamed she'd be sent to a war zone in the Middle East. But they had no doubt their daughter was more than capable of handling the mission.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014