Women In Combat: Sgt. Cari Gasiewicz's Parents View | News
The parents of a female Army Sergent killed in Iraq share their thoughts on the debate regarding women in combat roles.
Paul and Kathleen Gasiewicz of Cheektowaga spoke to 2 On Your Side. Their daughter, Sgt. Cari Ann Gasiewicz was killed in December of 2004.
When she enlisted, they never dreamed she'd be sent to a war zone in the Middle East. But they had no doubt their daughter was more than capable of handling the mission.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty