Women In Combat: Sgt. Cari Gasiewicz's Parents View | News
The parents of a female Army Sergent killed in Iraq share their thoughts on the debate regarding women in combat roles.
Paul and Kathleen Gasiewicz of Cheektowaga spoke to 2 On Your Side. Their daughter, Sgt. Cari Ann Gasiewicz was killed in December of 2004.
When she enlisted, they never dreamed she'd be sent to a war zone in the Middle East. But they had no doubt their daughter was more than capable of handling the mission.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village