Local Woman Finally Gets World War II Medals | News
CHEEKTOWAGA N.Y. -- After serving her country in World War 2, Helen Jacob came home to western New York and served her community for the next sixty years. Working on behalf of veterans, especially women, Helen Jacob was tireless.
The Woman's Wellness Center at the Buffalo VA hospital was named in her honor. Today, Congressman Brian Higgins, at the request of Helen's family, presented her with six medals earned for serving in the Army.
2 On Your Side photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke was on hand for the presentation.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?