Local Woman Finally Gets World War II Medals | News
CHEEKTOWAGA N.Y. -- After serving her country in World War 2, Helen Jacob came home to western New York and served her community for the next sixty years. Working on behalf of veterans, especially women, Helen Jacob was tireless.
The Woman's Wellness Center at the Buffalo VA hospital was named in her honor. Today, Congressman Brian Higgins, at the request of Helen's family, presented her with six medals earned for serving in the Army.
2 On Your Side photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke was on hand for the presentation.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village