Sloan Woman Gets Jail Term for Bilking Grandfather | News
BUFFALO, NY - A 26-year-old woman who admitted to stealing more than $44,000 from her grandfather will spend two to four years behind bars.
Jennifer Furan was sentenced Wednesday for third-degree grand larceny. She admitted in December to forging checks to herself from her elderly grandfather's bank account.
Erie County Judge Michael Pietruszka could have sentenced to her to a maximum of three-and-a-half to seven years as a second felony offender, according to a statement released by the Erie County District Attorney's Office.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule