Sloan Woman Gets Jail Term for Bilking Grandfather | News
BUFFALO, NY - A 26-year-old woman who admitted to stealing more than $44,000 from her grandfather will spend two to four years behind bars.
Jennifer Furan was sentenced Wednesday for third-degree grand larceny. She admitted in December to forging checks to herself from her elderly grandfather's bank account.
Erie County Judge Michael Pietruszka could have sentenced to her to a maximum of three-and-a-half to seven years as a second felony offender, according to a statement released by the Erie County District Attorney's Office.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village