Sloan Woman Gets Jail Term for Bilking Grandfather | News
BUFFALO, NY - A 26-year-old woman who admitted to stealing more than $44,000 from her grandfather will spend two to four years behind bars.
Jennifer Furan was sentenced Wednesday for third-degree grand larceny. She admitted in December to forging checks to herself from her elderly grandfather's bank account.
Erie County Judge Michael Pietruszka could have sentenced to her to a maximum of three-and-a-half to seven years as a second felony offender, according to a statement released by the Erie County District Attorney's Office.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty