Wind Turns Airliner Around on Buffalo Airport Runway | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - A 50-mile-per-hour gust of wind spun a Southwest Airlines passenger jet about 90 degrees while it was on a runway at Buffalo-Niagara International Airport around 1:30 on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration has said.
The pilot radioed for emergency crews as a precaution but was able to taxi back to the gate without incident.
A total of 108 passengers and five crew members were on board Flight 2951 from Chicago when the wind gust caught the plane. The flight departed for Baltimore shortly after 3:30 P.M.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village