Wind Turns Airliner Around on Buffalo Airport Runway | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - A 50-mile-per-hour gust of wind spun a Southwest Airlines passenger jet about 90 degrees while it was on a runway at Buffalo-Niagara International Airport around 1:30 on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration has said.
The pilot radioed for emergency crews as a precaution but was able to taxi back to the gate without incident.
A total of 108 passengers and five crew members were on board Flight 2951 from Chicago when the wind gust caught the plane. The flight departed for Baltimore shortly after 3:30 P.M.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule