Wind Turns Airliner Around on Buffalo Airport Runway | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - A 50-mile-per-hour gust of wind spun a Southwest Airlines passenger jet about 90 degrees while it was on a runway at Buffalo-Niagara International Airport around 1:30 on Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration has said.
The pilot radioed for emergency crews as a precaution but was able to taxi back to the gate without incident.
A total of 108 passengers and five crew members were on board Flight 2951 from Chicago when the wind gust caught the plane. The flight departed for Baltimore shortly after 3:30 P.M.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers