Hockey Team Helps Family Waiting for Heart Transplant | News
Cheektowaga, NY - You could see the true spirit of giving at a local hockey rink.
A team of ten year old players handed over a check for $1,500 to a family dealing with a serious medical condition.
Jennifer D'Allesandro's grandson Nolan is just one year old and needs a heart transplant.
Nolan and his parents are currently at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.
When ten year old Alexander Miller heard about this, he decided to collect money from area businesses.
For every goal his hockey team got in the month of November, they would donate it to Nolan's family.
Alexander's Dad Jason Miller says, "It's great to see good in the community. For young kids, it shows there's a lot of good out there."
The team scored 27 goals, collecting more thay $1,500 for Nolan's family to help with medical expenses.
D'Allesandro says, "The money is wonderful and great, but more than anything, it's the emotion. These are kids that care about us. It's amazing."
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty