Stand Off Ends Peacefully in Cheektowaga | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. - A standoff along Walden Avenue ended peacefully early Sunday morning, according to police.
Cheektowaga Police responded to a possible suicide around 2:50 a.m. Sunday near Walden Ave and Hoerner Ave.
Police set up a a perimeter around the home and diverted traffic away from the incident.
Police also brought in a SWAT Team to assist, as they believed the man may have been armed.
Negotiators spoke with the man for almost two hours before he peacefully surrendered. Police say no gun was found.
Cheektowaga Police say the man was taken to ECMC for psychiatric evaluation and that no criminal charges were filed.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty