Training Plane Donated By FedEx | News
BUFFALO, NY - Local fire and law enforcement crews received an early Christmas present today courtesy of FedEx.
When the delivery company replaces its planes with new ones, local fire departments around the country have the opportunity to secure one for training purposes.
Airport Fire Chief Chris Putney tells us the engine and fuel will be removed which will allow hundreds of trainees endless possibilities for training rescue missions. Chief Putney says he plans to bring in outside volunteers and pay companies in the area to train.
The plane, affectionately named Ginger is 19 years old. That's time to retire in the delivery world but it's just perfect for the men and woman of Western New York who want to train for any and all possibilities.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20