Cheektowaga Man Arrested After Police Pursuit on the 33 | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Cheektowaga man faces a number of charges this morning following an incident which closed a section of the 33 eastbound for a short time Wednesday night.
According to Buffalo Police spokesperson Mike DeGeorge, it started when officers responded to a call of shots fired just before 11 p.m.
Buffalo police saw a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect's car, and a pursuit began near the 33 and Humboldt Parkway.
Officers recovered a gun they believe was thrown from the suspect's vehicle.
The pursuit ended on the 33 near Harlem in Cheektowaga.
The 27-year-old man, whose name hasn't yet been released, is charged with reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Additional charges are pending.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village