Cheektowaga Man Arrested After Police Pursuit on the 33 | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Cheektowaga man faces a number of charges this morning following an incident which closed a section of the 33 eastbound for a short time Wednesday night.
According to Buffalo Police spokesperson Mike DeGeorge, it started when officers responded to a call of shots fired just before 11 p.m.
Buffalo police saw a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect's car, and a pursuit began near the 33 and Humboldt Parkway.
Officers recovered a gun they believe was thrown from the suspect's vehicle.
The pursuit ended on the 33 near Harlem in Cheektowaga.
The 27-year-old man, whose name hasn't yet been released, is charged with reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Additional charges are pending.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?