Girl Scouts Help Little Girl Through Blood Drive | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - Girl Scout Troop #30399 held a fundraiser Saturday to raise money for a very special girl.
Autumn Kozma was diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome before she was born. She is only six years old and has already had 3 open-heart surgeries.
The Girls Scouts put together a blood drive/fundraiser to raise money for Autumn's medical costs and the raise awareness about the importance of organ, eye, tissue and blood donation.
Tim Sullivan, Community Relations Executive for UNYTS, said he's happy to help. "They're a very special group of kids. And Autumn is an ordinary girl facing extraordinary circumstances, and she's a tough kid, she's just a trooper. We're very proud to be able to help out today."
Autumn's mother Stephanie tells us a total of 60 pints were donated Saturday.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village