Buffalo-Niagara Airport: Potential Expansion? | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NEW YORK - The launch of a new level of airline service between Buffalo and New York City may also signal a look at the future of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
Delta Air Lines will now run all regional jet service between the two cities into LaGuardia Airport with six daily flights.
This is part of an upgrade of upstate routes but it may also show that Western New York is an important part of their plans.
The NFTA, which runs Buffalo Niagara International, is already projecting potential expansion worth $460 million dollars for the next 20 years if demand meets expectations.
The current terminal, which was built in 1997, has already been expanded twice. It currently serves just over five million passengers a year but there are forecasts for up to six million passengers in the coming years. Many of the new passengers are expected to come from southern Ontario where Canadian government studies predict a signficant growth rate.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Free Summer Concert on Terrace 8/20