Cheektowaga Lifts Overnight Parking Ban | News
BUFFALO, NY - The Cheektowaga Town Board voted to end the winter parking ban early due to the summer-like temperatures in WNY.
Cheektowaga joined a growing contingent of local municipalities who have cut their parking bans short due to this year's unusually warm weather and absence of snow.
The City of Buffalo, the Town of Amherst, the Town of Tonawanda and the Village of Kenmore previously lifted their overnight winter parking bans.
"This is the first time Buffalo has suspended the winter overnight parking restrictions early," said City of Buffalo Mayor Brown. "Thanks to the early spring-like conditions, these restrictions are no longer needed at this time."
Residents there can now park in the street, where parking is designated, overnight.
In more typical weather years, the bans remain in effect until April 1 to keep cars off the streets overnight so crews can clear snow during the winter months.
2 On Your Side has received many requests from viewers wanting to know about the winter parking bans in their communities. We are checking around and will post updated locations here once we know.
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty