Pet Breathing Masks Donated To Area Fire Departments | News
CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - Life saving equipment for man's best friend was front and center Tuesday night in Cheektowaga. Project Breathe donated 20 pet oxygen mask kits to fire departments in Cheektowaga.
The mask helps to equip each department with life saving tools that they otherwise might not have. These kits often times are the difference between saving a pets life or not in a fire.
"It's estimated that 100 thousand pets die each year from house fires, most are due to smoke inhalation...and these masks dramatically reduce those numbers," said Project Director Casey Wiederhold.
Organizers say if any other fire department is interested in having a mask donated, just contact Project Breathe at (716) 741-1566
Upcoming Events near Cheektowaga
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014